Tuesday, March 9, 2010

To Kill a Mocking Bird Websearch. Part A - Growing up in the 1930's.

Dear Bella in 2010,

Its Judy Lang here and I am currently 13 years of age and I am here to tell you about my experiences growing in the 1930’s. My father was of the old school, he looked down on those who cheated and stole, especially cheated or stole from the poor, and I remember him talking about one family who did just that and became very well-known later. Every afternoon we were dressed up and taken into town or we could ride to the end of the trolley line and back. Some of my good friends for most of my childhood were black boys, most of the black families lived a couple of streets behind us and my two best friends use to come over to my house from there to play games and sport with me, there names were Jesse and Joe, they were part black, part Indian and a part of them was white. We played everyday after school, one day I met there mum and we all thought she was mean as a snake and never found out who their father was. As a girl being best friends with two black children was really interesting because I got to learn a bit about their culture and how they lived rather than just being best friends with two white people.

Hope to see you soon,

Kind regards,

Judy Lang.

No comments:

Post a Comment